(FOX19) - Glendalia Boutique Hotel chef Rachel Kramer stopped by FOX19 to share simple and delicious appetizer recipes for your next holiday party. Find the recipe below and enjoy!
Sausage and Mushroom Crostini
- 1 pound sausage (can be mild or spicy)
- 1 pound mushrooms, diced small
- 1- 8 ounce package of cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1/4 cup of pomegranate seeds
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices
- In a skillet, over medium heat, cook sausage until brown.
- Remove sausage from skillet, and drain grease. Wipe skillet clean.
- Place skillet over medium high heat and cook mushrooms until they are brown and 90% of the moisture is evaporated.
- Add sausage and cream cheese to skillet with mushrooms.
- Melt the cream cheese, and stir so all ingredients are combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Take mixture and place on top of the French bread. Place crostinis on a lined baking sheet and bake in a 375 degree oven for 10-15 minutes until the bread is toasted.
- Remove from oven, transfer to serving platter, and garnish with green onions and pomegranate seeds.