PRICE HILL (FOX19) - Firefighters say that unattended food is to blame for a Price Hill fire that displaced an adult and two kids.
Crews were called to the 1200 block on Illif Avenue around 11:15 a.m. on Tuesday afternoon after receiving reports of a kitchen fire at the address.
Crews arriving on the scene reported a working fire on the second floor of a three-family structure. Crews say they conducted an aggressive, interior attack searching for trapped occupants.
Crews say no one was found inside the building and the fire was quickly extinguished.
Damage has been estimated at $10 thousand. No one was injured in the blaze.
Firefighters say that the cause of the fire has been determined as food left unattended on the stove. The American Red Cross is assisting one adult and two children displaced in the blaze.
Fire crews say that smoke detectors were not operational in the home at the time of the fire.