Man sues Norwood police over wrongful imprisonment - Cincinnati News, Weather, Sports from FOX19 NOW-WXIX

Man sues Norwood police over wrongful imprisonment

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19/AP) -

A Cincinnati man is suing two police officers after he was wrongfully jailed for nearly two months on felony cocaine charges even though video footage would have shown they had the wrong man.

Maurice Snow filed the federal civil rights lawsuit Monday against a Norwood police detective and lieutenant.

A police spokesman didn't immediately return a call for comment Tuesday.

Court records show that the 29-year-old Snow was arrested Oct. 18 and booked on four cocaine charges. Snow says he was working third shift at Graeter's at the time of the bust.

"I just thought they had the wrong person at first," Snow tells FOX19. "I told them to take me to Norwood Police so I can show them they have the wrong person."

The lawsuit says Snow was accused of being the drug dealer in surveillance videos that police took of controlled drug buys.

"My job has records. I was there on that day," says Snow. "I told [the police] you can call them."

Snow was jailed for over 50 days before his then-attorney saw the footage and showed a prosecutor, who agreed Snow couldn't have been the dealer.

"I lost my whole life, I lost everything I owned," explains Snow. "I lost visitation with my son. I got no explanation; they never reached out to me, not to this day."

Snow was released immediately.

"They had video before they locked me up, but they still sent me down there for 57 days, with murderers and robbers for something that I did not do," says Snow.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press/FOX19. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Geologists say N. Korea's nuclear test site likely collapsed

Wednesday, April 25 2018 9:28 PM EDT2018-04-26 01:28:35 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 11:03 AM EDT2018-04-26 15:03:00 GMT
    A study by Chinese geologists shows the mountain where North Korea has conducted five successive nuclear bomb tests has collapsed. North Korean leader Kim Jong Un recently announced an end to the nation’s nuclear testing. (AP Photo/Wong Maye-E)A study by Chinese geologists shows the mountain where North Korea has conducted five successive nuclear bomb tests has collapsed. North Korean leader Kim Jong Un recently announced an end to the nation’s nuclear testing. (AP Photo/Wong Maye-E)

Trump says Cohen represented him in "Stormy Daniels deal"

Thursday, April 26 2018 9:18 AM EDT2018-04-26 13:18:48 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 11:02 AM EDT2018-04-26 15:02:32 GMT
    President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Michael Cohen represents him 'with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal' and that 'from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong.' (Source: CNN)President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Michael Cohen represents him 'with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal' and that 'from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong.' (Source: CNN)

President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Michael Cohen represents him "with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal" and that "from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong."

Senate committee poised for vote on bill to protect Mueller

Thursday, April 26 2018 12:28 AM EDT2018-04-26 04:28:40 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 11:02 AM EDT2018-04-26 15:02:28 GMT
    (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik, File). FILE - In this June 21, 2017, file photo, former FBI Director Robert Mueller, the special counsel probing Russian interference in the 2016 election, departs Capitol Hill following a closed door meeting in Washington. Rep...(AP Photo/Andrew Harnik, File). FILE - In this June 21, 2017, file photo, former FBI Director Robert Mueller, the special counsel probing Russian interference in the 2016 election, departs Capitol Hill following a closed door meeting in Washington. Rep...

Senate panel expected to vote on legislation to protect special counsel Robert Mueller's job, a bill that has split Republicans.