(FOX19) - Healthy Black Bean Vegan Dip from from Nourish Yourself Blogger Cherylanne:
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 1 can black beans, rinsed + drained
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- smoked paprika, as garnish (optional)
- Tortilla chips, Pita Chips, and Fresh Vegetables as dippers
- In a large food processor, pulse the garlic clove until finely chopped. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add in all other ingredients and blend until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Taste and add more salt, pepper, or cayenne if desired. Add more water to thin if necessary.
- Chill till serving time. Garnish with smoked paprika and a spritz of lime. Serve with chips and/or veggies as dippers.