(FOX19) - Pineapple Black Bean Guacamole from Nourish Yourself Blogger Cherylanne:
- 2 medium avocados, halved, seeded, and peeled
- 1/4 cup salsa verde (green salsa - I like Herdez brand)
- 1 tablespoon of nonfat Greek Yogurt (optional, but a nice touch)
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup of canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Fresh cilantro as garnish
- Tortilla chips as dippers
- In a large bowl mash avocados. Stir in salsa and sour cream until combined.
- Stir in pineapple, beans, jalapeno, onion, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, salt, and cumin.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours or until ready to serve. Sprinkle with additional cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.