(FOX19) - Daveed's NEXT Chef David Cook's recipe for Chili Bolognese with Laura's Lean Beef:
- 5 tbls Daveeds Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 carrot finely, diced
- 1 med onion, diced
- 1 rib celery, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 3 lb Laura's Lean Beef 92% lean ground beef
- 1/4 lb pancetta, ground
- 3 tbl chili powder
- 3 tbl cumin
- 1 tbl ancho chili powder
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 cup Chef David Secret Red Gravy
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1-14 oz can cannellini beans, drained
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- white cheddar cheese
- In a sauté pan, add the onions, celery, and garlic and sweat over medium heat until the vegetables are translucent and soft but not browned, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the Laura's Lean Meat, chili powder, cumin and ancho chili powder and pancetta and stir into the vegetables.
- Turn to medium high heat, stirring to keep the meat from sticking together until browned.
- Add white wine and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the Secret Red Gravy and beef broth.
- Simmer over medium heat for 1 hour.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste and remove from the heat.
- Stir in macaroni and cannellini beans. Top with white cheddar cheese.
- For a non-Super Bowl variation, omit the macaroni and beans and serve over polenta.
- 2 tbl XVOO
- ¾ cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 qt chicken stock
- 1 cup course ground cornmeal
- 3 tbl butter
- ½ tbl sea salt
- ¼ tbl black pepper
- 2 oz parmesan, grated, Green herbs, optional
- In a large sauce pan, over medium high heat, heat onion and sweat.
- Add garlic and stock. Simmer. Add polenta to saucepan and stir.
- Cover for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper and serve with grated parmesan and some chopped green fresh herbs.