Bathroom fan cause of minor Gilbert house fire - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Bathroom fan cause of minor Gilbert house fire

Posted: Updated:
Smoke emanates from the roof of a Gilbert house after a bathroom fan caught fire Thursday morning. (Source: CBS 5 News) Smoke emanates from the roof of a Gilbert house after a bathroom fan caught fire Thursday morning. (Source: CBS 5 News)
GILBERT, AZ (CBS5) -

Gilbert firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to pinpoint the source of an attic fire Thursday morning.

The residents of a home near Higley and Elliot roads reported the fire just before 6 a.m. and firefighters found that a bathroom fan caught fire and the flames had extended into the attic, said Brian Ruffentine of the Gilbert Fire Department.

They used the camera to pinpoint the exact location of the fire and pulled down the ceiling to fight it, minimizing the damage to the home's interior, Ruffentine said.

The family evacuated while firefighters extinguished the fire.

There was no damage estimate available.

Copyright 2014 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow