AVONDALE, OH (FOX19) - Authorities say that unattended cooking is to blame for a fire at an Avondale apartment building.
The fire broke out around 2 p.m. Wednesday afternoon in the 900 block of Glenwood Avenue. Fire crews say they first received reports from an occupant who stated her kitchen was on fire.
Crews arriving on the scene reported smoke coming from the third floor of the building. Firefighters say they were able to extinguish the fire within an hour.
Authorities state that the fire was limited to the kitchen of the apartment. Damage has been estimated at $10 thousand.
No injuries were reported in the blaze.