Fire causes serious damage to Hebron, KY home

(FOX19) - The Hebron Fire Department responded to a structure fire with a report of a fire in the walls in the 3700 block of Petersburg Road late Saturday night.

Crews reported heavy smoke and fire upon arrival with a working fire on the first floor and attic. The fire was quickly knocked down. The fire is believed to have started from a wood burning stove.

The home suffered thousands of dollars in damage. The homeowners escaped and were staying with a neighbor.

Due to the distance from the hydrant, a water tanker was requested. Mutual aid from Petersburg, Burlington and Airport FD's assisted. This brought 4 engines, 1 ladder truck, 1 tanker, 1 squad, 2 command officers to the scene and 1 engine fill-in.

No injuries reported but conditions were extremely dangerous due to the cold.

Copyright 2014 WXIX. All rights reserved.