(FOX19) - Chef Ursula's recipe for Chocolate Bacon Almond Bark:
- 8 strips smoked maple bacon, baked until crisp
- 16 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in one-minute increments until melted, stirring after every minute to prevent overheating or scorching.
- While the chocolate is melting, chop the bacon strips into small pieces. Set aside approximately one-third of the bacon to be used to top the bark.
- Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, stir in the remaining two-thirds of the chopped bacon and the almonds, and stir until well-incorporated.
- Pour the chocolate onto the foil-lined baking sheet, and spread it into a thin layer about 1/4" high. While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle the top evenly with the reserved chopped bacon and press down gently so it sticks before it cools.
- Refrigerate the chocolate bacon almond bark to set the chocolate, about 30 minutes. Once set, break it into small uneven pieces by hand, and serve immediately.