(FOX19) - Spending Valentine's Day alone this year? Have no fear, the holiday can be enjoyable all on your own too!
FOX19 brought on Relationship Coach Holly Sowels-Jenkins to share some tips on making this romantic holiday an enjoyable one!
Valentine's Day is about being with someone you love. Jenkins suggests having a Valentine's Day party and invite your single friends.
You can exchange 'school day' Valentine cards, candy and enjoy great wine. If you know you are likely to be sad, keep yourself surrounded by people who are upbeat and fun loving!
Where does one go if they don't have a date?
Jenkins tells FOX19, there is no law that you HAVE to go out on Valentine's Day. You can watch your favorite Friday TV shows as you normally would, hang out with other single friends or take yourself out to your favorite restaurant.
- Don't let it sneak up on you. You have 6 left to days to plan.
- Wake up and embrace your state of being single.
- Browse the web to find sites for funny single quotes.
Remember everyone who is alone on Valentine's Day is not there by choice:
- Their loved one may have passed away.
- Their husband or wife are away serving their country.
- They themselves may be in a nursing home without their family.
To learn more about Relationship Coach Holly Sowels-Jenkins, call 513-470-9349 or visit her website!