(FOX19) - Bill Sands' recipes for Dark Chocolate Pancakes:
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 2/3 cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla ext
- 6oz dark chocolate (70% cacao), finely chopped
- Whisk flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk buttermilk, eggs, olive oil, and vanilla, then combine with flour mixture into just combined. Fold in chocolate.
- Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat, lightly brush with olive oil.
- Working in batches, pour batches by 1/3 cupfuls into skillet. Cook until bottoms are brown then flip until cooked through.
Recipe for Raspberry Butter:
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) of butter
- In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, whisk butter on high until fluffy.
- Then, using paddle attachment whisk in raspberries on low just until raspberries are combined.
- Transfer mixture to plastic wrap and roll into cylinder and place in refrigerator until firm.