Firefighters say that incense is to blame for a fire in East Price Hill on Monday night.
The fire broke out around 9:30 p.m. Monday night in the 1600 block of Dorothy Lane.
Upon arrival, crews reported heavy smoke coming from a single family home. The fire was brought under control within 20 minutes.
A mother and her four children were home and
were able to safely evacuate prior to the fire departments arrival. A working
smoke detector alerted the occupants.
Crews say that improperly disposed incense was left next to a couch, sparking the blaze.
Damage has been estimated at $30,000.
The American Red Cross was called to assist those displaced.
Copyright 2014 WXIX. All rights reserved.