Incense to blame for East Price Hill fire, 4 displaced

Family escapes house fire

EAST PRICE HILL (FOX19) - Firefighters say that incense is to blame for a fire in East Price Hill on Monday night.

The fire broke out around 9:30 p.m. Monday night in the 1600 block of Dorothy Lane.

Upon arrival, crews reported heavy smoke coming from a single family home. The fire was brought under control within 20 minutes.

A mother and her four children were home and were able to safely evacuate prior to the fire departments arrival. A working smoke detector alerted the occupants. 

Crews say that improperly disposed incense was left next to a couch, sparking the blaze.

Damage has been estimated at $30,000.

The American Red Cross was called to assist those displaced.

Copyright 2014 WXIX. All rights reserved.