CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - Who doesn't like French toast?
Chef Jackson Rouse from The Rookwood is making his Donut French Toast on Wednesday's FOX19 Morning News at 8:45 a.m.
Bar Manager/Mixologist Rommel Wells will also be here preparing Bloody Marys!
Recipe for Donut French Toast with Seared Berkshire Belly, Bourbon Maple Syrup, Candied Pecans, Sunny Eggs:
• 1 1/2 cups well-shaken buttermilk
• 4 large eggs
• 3 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon Ras El Hanout
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 6 (day old ) glazed donuts cut in half
• 4 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
• warm maple syrup infused with bourbon
• candied pecan (recipe follows)
• Seared pork belly, bacon, sausage your choice of meaty goodness
• Eggs cooked to your liking
Whisk together buttermilk, eggs, sugar, Ras El Hanout and salt in a bowl. Pour into a large 4-sided sheet pan, then add donuts dipping them cut side down for a couple of seconds just so they absorb a bit of the mixture.
Heat butter in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until foam subsides. Transfer slices with a slotted spatula to skillet and cook, turning once, until slightly puffed and golden brown, about 3-5 minutes total. Top with selected accompaniments.