CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - The Art of Food, an annual exhibition of work by area top chefs and artists, opens Friday at The Carnegie, 1028 Scott Blvd., Covington.
Chef Renee Schuler of Eat Well Celebrations and Feasts will be on Tuesday's FOX19 Morning News to show us how to make white chicken chili. Here's the recipe:
White Chicken Chili
1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 onion, chopped
1 stick butter
¼ cup flour, all purpose
1 cup chicken broth or stock
1 cup half and half
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin
2 4-ounce cans green chilies, chopped
24 ounces diced or pulled cooked chicken (about 3 cups)
½ cup sour cream
Yield: serves 4-6
1. In heavy bottomed soup pot sauté onions in butter over medium heat.
2. Once soft reduce heat to low and sprinkle flour over sautéed onions, stir to combine.
3. Cook flour in onions, stirring constantly, for about three minutes.
4. Remove pot from heat, gradually add chicken broth and half & half whisking constantly.
5. Bring mixture to a simmer, let cook for seven minutes while stirring occasionally.
6. Stir in chili powder, cumin, and season with salt and pepper, (if using canned broth, be sparse with salt until closer to the end of cooking time)
7. Add beans, chilies, and chicken. Stir together carefully so as not to break up the beans, and simmer for 20 minutes over low heat. Do not let chili boil.
8. Stir in sour cream, adjust seasoning with additional salt, pepper or hot sauce to taste
The opening reception is 6-9 p.m. Friday. Tickets are $25 for Carnegie members and $40 for non-members.
Featured chefs and restaurants at The Art of Food are:
Fireside Pizza Chef Mike Marschman
Jeff Thomas Catering Chef Steve Waddell
Taste of Belgium Chef Jean-Francois Flechet
Otto's Chef Paul Weckman
Virgil's Cafe Chef Matt Buschle
Senate Chef Daniel Wright
La Poste Eatery Chef Andrew Mersmann
Jean Robert Table's Chef Jean-Robert deCavel
Cupcake Crazy Chef Lisa Ebbert
Eat Well Chef Renee Schuler
Coffee Emporium Tony Tausch
Wunderbar Chef Nathan Chambers
Fresh Table Chef Meredith Trombly
The Rookwood Chef Jackson Rouse
Metropole Chef Michael Paley
Chocolates Latour Chef Shalini Latour
The Metropolitan Club Chef Kelsey Yerger
Bouquet Restaurant & Wine Bar Chef Stephen Williams
For more information, visit http://www.thecarnegie.com/artoffood.php