(FOX19) - The Incline Public House stopped by FOX19 to share their recipe for Crispy Duck Breast:
- Duck Breast: 4
- Salt: TT
- White pepper: TT
- Score the skin on the duck breast (try not to cut into meat).
- Season the duck on both sides.
- Place duck in sauté pan skin side down.
- Turn heat on (med-high) and let the fat start to render.
- Watch the heat, if it seems to hot turn the heat to med.
- Check the skin to make sure fat is rendering and starting to get crispy (about 8 min).
- Once skin has a nice crisp to it flip and continue to cook.
- You can pull off the heat when internal temp hits about 130 (med-rare/med).
- Let the duck rest on cutting board with a piece of foil over it for about 5 min.
- Slice duck.