Police: Babysitter beats parents with baseball bat - Cincinnati News, Weather, Sports from FOX19 NOW-WXIX

Police: Babysitter beats parents with baseball bat

Amber Garza told us Grover Davis came by almost every morning to take care of her son while she went to work. Amber Garza told us Grover Davis came by almost every morning to take care of her son while she went to work.
TYLER, TX (KLTV) -

A Tyler couple is recovering after their child's babysitter allegedly beat them with a baseball bat Sunday morning. Police say it happened just before 8:00 a.m. at the Economy Inn on Mineola Highway in Tyler.

Police said Grover Davis, 52, walked in to Jeremy Walker and Amber Garza's hotel room and assaulted them. Amber Garza said she might have an idea as to why her son's babysitter came after her.

"He thinks that Jeremy stole a rose bush that was his," she explained.

Amber Garza told us Grover Davis came by almost every morning to take care of her son while she went to work. But, this morning when Davis arrived at room 410, things went much differently.

"He hit Jeremy while he was sleeping and, obviously, he woke up screaming in pain, and then I was like Grover get out, get out," she said. "And then that's when he picked up the bat and hit me also. Right here on the top of the head."

Jeremy's leg was bruised, but he was able to fight Davis out of the hotel room and away from Amber's son.

"Sitting right here on the bed and watching it," she explained where her son was while the incident happened.

Davis then drove off, leaving Amber and her boyfriend injured, her son frightened, but physically unharmed. Moments later, police pulled Davis over and arrested him. What happened next, Amber said gave her hope.

"I don't know who she is, but whoever she was, I thank her."

While Amber lay on the bed with her head bleeding, she said a woman came and took care of her son.

"I was even scared to come back to this room, honestly, you know. I was afraid there was going to be blood everywhere. I mean this is not a room that I will ever forget. I want to forget, but I won't ever forget it," she said.

Still, she said, she isn't angry at Davis, just hurt.

"Clothes off my back if it's the last thing I have, that's what I'll do, and that's the type of person I am. And it hurts me more than it does anything."

Through it all, she has a message she learned Sunday morning.

"There are a lot more people out there that do actually care than what I thought," she explained.

And, she said, though she's still searching for why, everything happens for a reason.

Grover Davis is being held on two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon at the Smith County Jail. He has a previous record of aggravated assault and several theft charges. His bond has not yet been set.

Copyright 2014 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Amazon raising price of annual Prime membership to $119

Thursday, April 26 2018 5:59 PM EDT2018-04-26 21:59:01 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 7:11 PM EDT2018-04-26 23:11:54 GMT
    Amazon has ventured into other business areas including, shipping and medical care, and now banking. (Source: AMAZON/CNN)Amazon has ventured into other business areas including, shipping and medical care, and now banking. (Source: AMAZON/CNN)

Amazon says it will hike up the price of its Prime membership fee by 20 percent next month.

Trump's Cohen comments raise questions about relationship

Thursday, April 26 2018 9:18 AM EDT2018-04-26 13:18:48 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 7:10 PM EDT2018-04-26 23:10:57 GMT
    President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Michael Cohen represents him 'with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal' and that 'from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong.' (Source: CNN)President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Michael Cohen represents him 'with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal' and that 'from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong.' (Source: CNN)

President Donald Trump says his personal attorney Michael Cohen represents him "with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal" and that "from what I see he did absolutely nothing wrong."

Suspect in serial killings was obsessed with lawn care

Thursday, April 26 2018 2:39 AM EDT2018-04-26 06:39:08 GMT
    Thursday, April 26 2018 7:09 PM EDT2018-04-26 23:09:25 GMT
    (AP Photo/Rich Pedroncelli). Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones, left, talks to reporters about the arrest Joesph James DeAngelo, seen in photo, on suspicion of committing a string of violent crimes in the 1970's and 1980's after a news conference. ...(AP Photo/Rich Pedroncelli). Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones, left, talks to reporters about the arrest Joesph James DeAngelo, seen in photo, on suspicion of committing a string of violent crimes in the 1970's and 1980's after a news conference. ...

The suspected Golden State Killer became less prolific but deadlier after losing his job as a police officer.