WEST PRICE HILL (FOX19) - Officials said two families were temporarily displaced after a fire broke out Wednesday inside a multi-family home in West Price Hill.
It was reported just before 11 a.m. at a two-story townhouse in the 700 block of Trenton Avenue. When firefighters arrived, they found heavy smoke and fire on the second floor and fire in the attic.
The fire was put under control within 20 minutes. Authorities said there was damage to the electrical system and attic area, which was estimated at $40,000.
No injuries were reported. The cause of was fire was determined to be accidental from a discarded cigarette.
Four different families lived in the structure with two on each floor. Cincinnati fire officials at the scene said one adult and four children from the second floor and one adult from the first floor apartment were displaced. The Red Cross will be assisting with temporary housing.