CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - General Motors issued a massive recall on millions of cars. FOX19's Sara Celi is live from Covington with information you need to know.
Celi tells FOX19 that GM plans to recall 1.3 million vehicles in the United States that may have experienced a sudden loss of electric power steering.
GM to recall the following models:
- All 2004-2005 Chevrolet Malibu models, and some from 2006, 2008 and 2009
- The 2004-2005 Chevrolet Malibu MAXX and some 2006 models
- Some 2009 and 2010 Chevrolet HHR models
- Some 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt models
- Some 2008-2009 Saturn Aura models
- All Saturn IONs models from 2004-2007
- All 2005 Pontiac G6's and some from 2006, 2008 and 2009
- Various parts installed in certain vehicles before May 31, 2010
Celi tells FOX19 that this isn't that first GM has had to recall their vehicles. GM CEO Mary Barra is expected to submit written testimony and testify today in front a subcommittee for a different recall that regarded faulty ignition switches.
GM says that 13 deaths and 13 injuries could be linked to that issue. However, this latest recall exclusively affects the power steering.