(FOX19) - Hoxworth Blood Center says it has a critical need for donors.
Hoxworth says you must meet all of the following criteria in order to donate:
- Be at least 17. (16-year-olds may donate with parental consent)
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- Generally feel well and healthy
- Have no fever, sore throat, or flu-like symptoms
- Have no active cold symptoms
- Have not had major surgery recently (released from doctor's care).
Hoxworth will be hosting a blood drive in the University of Cincinnati Recreation Center today from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Donors will receive a $5 Chipotle gift card.
For more information, call 513-451-0910 or visit www.hoxworth.org/donate_blood/eligibility.html