(FOX19) - Cutting out your favorite junk food can be tough but what if there was an alternative? Lauren Abel from Abel to Cook stopped by FOX19 to share the healthier options.
Eat THIS not THAT:
- Unsweetened applesauce instead of oil or butter.
- Stevia instead of sugar.
- Whole wheat flour instead of white flour.
- Popcorn instead of potato chips.
- Herbs instead of salt.
- Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise or sour cream.
- Pureed fresh fruit instead of syrup.
- Homemade salad dressing instead of manufactured.
- Zucchini Ribbons instead of spaghetti.
- Whole wheat pasta instead of white pasta.
- Brown rice instead of white rice.
- Wheat bread instead of white bread.
To learn more tips for healthy eating, visit www.abeltocook.com