One person hospitalized after apartment fire in Covington

COVINGTON, KY (FOX19) - A person was taken to the hospital early Tuesday after an apartment fire in Covington, Kentucky.

It was reported around 6:30 a.m. in the 700 block of Greenup Street. Officials said it started when a couch caught fire at an apartment building for senior citizens.

One resident was transported to the hospital with unknown injuries. Crews said the building's sprinkler system helped contain the fire.

FOX19 will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.

Copyright 2014 WXIX. All rights reserved.