(FOX19) - The 18th Annual RGI River Run to benefit Kicks for Kids is Saturday at Newport on the Levee near the Purple People Bridge.
• Race day registration begins at 8 a.m. near the Purple People Bridge
• Special K (for children with special needs) - 9:15 a.m.
• 5K Run/Walk - 9:30 a.m. 5K course bridges Newport, Covington and Cincinnati
• Children's Fun Run - 10:30 a.m.
• Post event party at Arnie's on the Levee – 11 a.m.
• Adults: $16 (plus $12 for T-shirt)
• Youth 7-17: $10 (plus $10 for T-shirt)
• Children 6 and under: Free
• Special K: Free (admission and T-shirt)
To pre-register, visit www.kicksforkids.org
How to participate
Pay an entry fee or raise money via the pledge program and be eligible to win prizes such as Bengals and Reds tickets for the 2014 regular season as well as tickets for travel from Cincinnati to New York City on Ultimate Air Shuttle. You can bring your school and participate in the school challenge to win $500 for your school.
The 5K is designed for top runners, recreational athletes, youth runners, and families. Each entrant receives a goodie bag of product samples and free food coupons.