(FOX19) - May is National Stroke Awareness Month, in which organizations work to educate the public about important facts such as prevention tips and how to recognize warning signs.
Those interested in getting involved can join area health professionals May 25 at Great American Ball Park for "Strike Out Stoke" as the Cincinnati Reds take on the St. Louis Cardinals.
Discounted tickets for the game are available at www.reds/stroke with the password "strike." Proceeds benefit the Greater Cincinnati Stoke Consortium.
Warning signs of stroke:
- Numbness or weakness in your face, arm, or leg, especially on one side
- Confusion or trouble understanding other people
- Trouble speaking
- Trouble seeing with one or both eyes
- Trouble walking or staying balanced or coordinated
- Severe headache for unknown reason