FOX19 Investigates: MSD director may lose his job - Cincinnati News, Weather, Sports from FOX19 NOW-WXIX

FOX19 Investigates: MSD director may lose his job

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) -

The man who runs the Metropolitan Sewer District may lose his job, in part due to a FOX19 investigation into his residency.

Hamilton County leaders claim he may cost MSD ratepayers more than $100-million.

The man at the middle of the controversy is Tony Parrott. Parrott has been with the Metropolitan Sewer District of Greater Cincinnati since 2005.

Recently, a FOX19 investigation uncovered the fact that Parrott, who is required by city ordinance to live within city limits, had been supplying a home address to the city on Westwood Avenue. The address listed is a vacant lot.

Meanwhile, FOX19 found property records showing that Parrott owns a home in Butler County. Parrott's wife answered the door when FOX19 knocked.

Amy Wagner: "We are doing a story about city directors in Cincinnati. Right, he's MSD director?

Wife: "Yes." 

Amy: "We are doing a story about where they are living.  Did you know it's a requirement that they live in Cincinnati?" 

Wife: "Yes."

In a letter sent Friday to Interim City Manager Scott Stiles from Christian Sigman, the Hamilton County Administrator states:

"The county commission's fiduciary responsibility to ratepayers and bondholders necessitates our call for immediate management changes within MSD."

View the full letter here.

The letter goes on to mention a host of other "serious management deficiencies," including elements of trust and judgment in response to the FOX19 investigation into Parrott's residence.

Related:

Mayor responds to FOX19 "ResidencyGate" investigation

Officials: 'Residencygate' growing bigger by the day

Residencygate: Council members respond to FOX19 Investigation

FOX19 Investigates: City leaders living outside Cincinnati

Copyright 2014 WXIX. All rights reserved.

  • FOX19 HeadlinesMore>>

  • Microsoft uncovers more Russian hacking ahead of midterms

    Microsoft uncovers more Russian hacking ahead of midterms

    Tuesday, August 21 2018 12:25 AM EDT2018-08-21 04:25:35 GMT
    Tuesday, August 21 2018 11:38 PM EDT2018-08-22 03:38:01 GMT
    (AP Photo/Altaf Qadri, File). FILE - In this Nov. 7, 2017, file photo, a man is silhouetted as he walks in front of Microsoft logo at an event in New Delhi, India. Microsoft says it’s uncovered new Russian hacking attempts targeting U.S. political grou...(AP Photo/Altaf Qadri, File). FILE - In this Nov. 7, 2017, file photo, a man is silhouetted as he walks in front of Microsoft logo at an event in New Delhi, India. Microsoft says it’s uncovered new Russian hacking attempts targeting U.S. political grou...

    The hacking attempts mirror similar Russian attacks ahead of the 2016 election, which U.S. intelligence officials have said were focused on helping to elect Republican Donald Trump to the presidency by hurting his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton.

    Full Story >

    The hacking attempts mirror similar Russian attacks ahead of the 2016 election, which U.S. intelligence officials have said were focused on helping to elect Republican Donald Trump to the presidency by hurting his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton.

    Full Story >
  • US deports 95-year-old ex-Nazi guard to Germany

    US deports 95-year-old ex-Nazi guard to Germany

    Tuesday, August 21 2018 4:18 AM EDT2018-08-21 08:18:16 GMT
    Tuesday, August 21 2018 11:37 PM EDT2018-08-22 03:37:11 GMT
    The deportation of the 95-year-old former concentration camp guard, Jakiw Palij, came 25 years after investigators first confronted him about his World War II past and he admitted lying to get into the U.S. (Source: Department of Justice)The deportation of the 95-year-old former concentration camp guard, Jakiw Palij, came 25 years after investigators first confronted him about his World War II past and he admitted lying to get into the U.S. (Source: Department of Justice)

    The White House says a 95-year-old former Nazi concentration camp guard has been deported to Germany, 14 years after a judge ordered him deported.

    Full Story >

    The White House says a 95-year-old former Nazi concentration camp guard has been deported to Germany, 14 years after a judge ordered him deported.

    Full Story >
  • Facebook takes down 652 accounts linked to Russia, Iran

    Facebook takes down 652 accounts linked to Russia, Iran

    Tuesday, August 21 2018 8:18 PM EDT2018-08-22 00:18:09 GMT
    Tuesday, August 21 2018 11:36 PM EDT2018-08-22 03:36:01 GMT
    Facebook said there were networks of accounts created to mislead others about who they were and what they were doing. (Source: Pixabay)Facebook said there were networks of accounts created to mislead others about who they were and what they were doing. (Source: Pixabay)

    Facebook says it has removed more than 650 pages groups and accounts linked to Russia and Iran aimed at influencing U.S. voters ahead of the November midterm elections.

    Full Story >

    Facebook says it has removed more than 650 pages groups and accounts linked to Russia and Iran aimed at influencing U.S. voters ahead of the November midterm elections.

    Full Story >
Powered by Frankly