CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - With unpredictable gas prices in Ohio, Metro is spreading the word about the benefits of leaving your car behind and using public transportation.
National Dump the Pump Day, which encourages people to ride public transit and save money on gas, is June 19. Metro has activities planned throughout June in appreciation of current riders and to convince new riders to try it out.
Metro representatives will be giving away prizes on the following dates from 6-8 a.m.:
- Tuesday, June 10, Meijer - Colerain Township, 3711 Stone Creek Blvd.
- Thursday, June 12, Meijer - Mason, 3911 W Sr 22-3
- Tuesday, June 17, Meijer - West Chester, 7390 Tylersville Rd.
- Wednesday, June 18, Forest Park & Ride,1160 Kemper Meadow
- Thursday, June 19, Anderson Ctr. Station, 7832 Five Mile
The company will also pass out free rides to anyone who is a new rider from noon to 1 p.m. Jun e 20 at Government Square on Fifth Street.
National Dump the Pump Day is sponsored by the American Public Transportation Association (APTA).
Additional information is available at www.apta.com.