CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - Take a walk through the blooming fields of Ohio's largest lavender farm this weekend for the 6th Annual Summer Solstice Lavender Festival.
Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. enjoy natural foods and home-made items from vendors.
Lavender fields will be surrounded by vendor tents selling unique art paintings, jewelry, wood working, home décor, hand-blown glass and more.
Chef Benjamin Mentrup will be preparing "lavender food" for attendees.
Strawberry Lavender Chicken Salad provided by Chef Mentrup
1 Whole Chicken - 3-4 lbs
1 c Strawberry's - cut in half then sliced
1/2 c Celery - small diced
1/2 c Lavender - chopped
1/2 c Toasted Pine Nuts - whole
1 Lemon - juiced
1/2 c Carrots - shredded
1/4 oz Mint - shredded for garnish
Salt & Pepper - to taste
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper and bake at 350° F until internal temperature reaches 165° F. Let cool.
2. Chop, shred, and toast ingredients.
3. Remove skin from cooked chicken, and pull meat from bones.
4. Once meat is removed, coarsely chop chicken to desired thickness.
5. Mix all ingredients together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Chill for at least 6 hours and enjoy
The event is free admisssion.
Peaceful Acres Lavender Farm is located at 2387 Martinsville Road., Martinsville, OH, 45146, one hour north of Cincinnati.
Watch the videos to learn more about the festival and visit their website.