Man burned and flown to UC Medical Center in South Campbell Fire

File Photo
File Photo

ALEXANDRIA, KY (FOX19) - A man was flown to the UC Medical Center today after suffering severe burns and smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in his home.

The South Campbell Fire Department were dispatched just after 2 p.m. to Plum Creek Church Road in Alexandria, KY and discovered it to be a fully involved structure fire.

North Pendleton and Alexandria Fire Department's help assist the SCFD

South Campbell Fire Department believe the cause of the fire is an accidental electrical fire.

There is no damage estimate yet. However, the home was completely destroyed

No other injuries were reported.

Copyright 2014 WXIX. All rights reserved.