(FOX19) - Did you know Cincinnati is ranked one of the best cities to celebrate America's birthday? Check out what's on tap this Fourth of July weekend around Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky and make a plan.
Fireworks and festivals:
LaRosa's Balloon Glow at Coney Island – Anderson Township, Ohio
- July 3, 2014 at 10 p.m. at Coney Island
- Fireworks are free! Parking $8 before 2 p.m. and $10 after 2 p.m.
Burnet Woods American Salute – Corryville, Ohio
- July 3 at 6 p.m. at Burnet Woods
- University of Cincinnati CCM performance begins at 6 p.m.; Cincinnati Contemporary Jazz Orchestra performance begins at 7:15 p.m.; Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra performance begins at 8:30 p.m.
Independence Day Celebration – Florence, Ky
- July 3, 5 p.m. at the Florence Government Center
- Rides, music, games and fireworks at 10 p.m.
Independence Day celebration at Fountain Square – Downtown Cincinnati
- July 3 at 10 p.m. at Fountain Square
Red, White and Kaboom – Fairfield, Ohio
- July 3 at William Harbin Park
- Fireworks display from Rozzi's Famous Fireworks with entertainment, food and activities at three official viewing locations: Harbin Park, Village Green Park and Fairfield Aquatic Center.
City of Madeira Independence Day Festivities
- July 3 at Sellman Park
- Parade starts at Madeira High School with fireworks at 10 p.m.
Red, White and Baby Boom - Montgomery, Ohio
- July 3, 7:30-9:30 p.m. at Montgomery Park, 10101 Montgomery Road.
- Blue Ash/Montgomery Symphony Orchestra with music from Frank Sinatra, Bert Bacharach, Nelson Riddle and George Gershwin.
Fireworks in the Park - Mount Healthy, Ohio
- July 3, Mount Healthy City Park
- Parade at 7 p.m. with entertainment and fireworks to follow
Reading American Legion Fourth of July Festival - Reading, Ohio
- July 3-5 at Koenig Park
- Fireworks Saturday at 10 p.m.
Cincinnati Pops at Riverbend Music Center – Anderson Twp., Ohio
- July 4, Concert starts at 8 p.m.
- Fireworks after the show
- $5 tickets for active military and veterans
Ault Park Independence Day Fireworks – Mount Lookout, Ohio
- July 4 event, free to the public
- Music and food 6-10 p.m.
- Fireworks start at 10 p.m.
Fourth of July Extravaganza - Edgewood, Ky
- July 4, Presidents and Freedom parks
- 5k begins at 7:30 a.m., Fireworks begin at dusk
Red, White and Blue Ash - Blue Ash, Ohio
- July 4, 4-10:30 p.m. at Blue Ash Summit Park, 4335 Glendale-Milford Road.
- Music by Midnight Special (5:30 p.m.) and Cheap Trick (8:15 p.m.)
- Food, family activities and fireworks display with simulcast music by Warm 98.
Fireworks on the 5th - Over-the-Rhine, Ohio
- July 5, 3-10 p.m. at Washington Park, 1310 Elm Street.
- Food trucks, craft beers, live music, cornhole tournament and fireworks.
Live at the Levee
Cincinnati band Boo Radley kicks off the weekend with cold brews, music and rock 'n' roll.
Details: 7-10 p.m. Thursday. Newport on the Levee, 1 Levee Way, Newport. Free admission. www.newportonthelevee.com.
Northside Rock 'n' Roll Carnival
Cincinnati area and national music acts, burlesque show, food, beer and more.
Details: 6 p.m.-1 a.m. Thursday-Saturday. Jacob Hoffner Park, 4104 Hamilton Ave., Northside. Free admission. www.northsiderocks.com.
The Reds face the Milwaukee Brewers at home all weekend.
Details: 7:10 p.m. Friday, 4:10 p.m. Saturday, 1:10 p.m. Sunday. Great American Ball Park, 100 Joe Nuxhall Way, Downtown. $5-$230. www.reds.com.
SelfDiploma Summer Concert Series Week Six: THE KNOCKS 'DJ Set'
The Queen City's live music event every Saturday night in the heart of downtown. The Knocks Dj Set, The Millenium Robots, Disco Joe & Friends, Aviators, T3CCHTUNE, Mr. Fantastic and Keyyz on the P&G Music Stage.
Details: 7-11 p.m. Saturday. Fountain Square, 520 Vine St., Downtown. Free admission. www.selfdiploma.com.
With more than 80 million albums sold, the band brings "The Final Tour" to Cincinnati with Alice Cooper.
Details: 7 p.m. Sunday. Riverbend Music Center, 6295 Kellogg Ave., Anderson Township. $25-$125 plus taxes and fees. www.riverbend.org.
Text 'LAGER' to 41919 for special coupons, schedules of events and more.