BOND HILL, OH (FOX19) - Fire investigators are trying to determine what caused a fire at a Bond Hill home Friday morning.
The fire broke out around 8 a.m. at 1915 Dale Road. The cause of the fire is still unknown but fire officials said they believe it started when a smoking material, like a cigarette, caught the couch on fire.
Only one person was home at the time and they escaped without injury. A dog remained unaccounted for and is believed to be dead.
The fire caused about $75,000 in damages.