(FOX19) - It's wedding season.
If you have been getting many invitations in the mail, it can be expensive to celebrate with your loved ones.
So if you're on a budget, Patti Davis and Melina Strobehn, wedding planners from Elegant Whims came to help provide some tips to help out for those attending weddings.
- If you are driving split the gas and travel with friends
- Ask the couple if they have a block of rooms at the local hotel. They usually get a discounted rate.
- See if there are any friends or family members in the wedding area you could stay with
- Check for groupons for hotel or air travel
- Watch the flight prices for the lowest price.
- Draw the attention to accessories, shoes, bright color, jeweled clip, add a matching purse and gloves.
- Choose bold jewelry
- Add a belt, jacket or shimmer hose.
- Set a budget, start saving when you receive the Save The Date card.
- Shop early.
- Go together with a group to purchase the gifts.
- Watch for Groupons, a cooking class or yoga lessons, manicure or couple massage, whatever their interest is.
- A monogrammed or engraved Christmas ornament.
- Something handmade.
- Make a "Welcome Home" basket
- Mow their yard while they are on their honeymoon.
Watch the video above for more.