OVER-THE-RHINE (FOX19) - More tickets are going to be offered for LumenoCity 2014, the popular light show and Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra experience in Washington Park.
The CSO has announced Thursday expanded access to the immensely popular event through live television and radio broadcasts, two remote "live sites" offering the event on giant outdoor LED screens, live webcasts and 5,000 available tickets for the LumenoCity dress rehearsal on July 31.
LumenoCity Broadcast information:
- WCET to broadcast event live to television views on Saturday, August 2
- 90.9 WGUC to carry LumenoCity live on the radio Friday, August 1
- Fountain Square and Riverbend Music Center live simulcasts on Sunday, August 3
- All three performances to be carried live via web stream
In addition, 3,300 tickets for the performances on August 1, 2 and 3 and the dress rehearsal tickets will be distributed via an online drawing at lumenocity2014.com.
- July 10-15: Drawing registration available on lumenocity2014.com; only one entry per household
- July 21: Drawing winners notified
- July 30: Winners receive online redemption codes & drawing tickets available for printing
- Up to four tickets per household for either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday performance or Thursday dress rehearsal
- Tickets may not be transferred to another performance; rain or shine
- Tickets not available via CSO or Music Hall Box Office
The free tickets went up for grabs the morning of June 9 and were completely reserved within minutes. The overwhelming demand had ticket pairs showing up on eBay for $199 and even prompted a special hearing in city council.
Approximately 35,000 people came out over two nights for the LumenoCity 2013 debut.