Join FOX19 NOW for the 2014 Race for the Cure - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Join FOX19 NOW for the 2014 Race for the Cure

Posted: Updated:
(FOX19) -

Join the FOX19 team for the 17th annual Susan G. Komen Greater Cincinnati Race for the Cure on Sunday, Sept. 14.

Up to 75 percent of funds raised stay for research, education, screening and treatment programs in the Greater Cincinnati Area's 21-county service area. The remaining 25 percent goes to ground-breaking research to find cures.

Here's how can register for a special registration price of $19:

REGISTRATION:

  • Check out our team page here: http://bit.ly/1u0F2BF
  • Click "Join Team"
  • On the next page, indicate whether you want to run or walk
  • In the discount code section, enter "FOX192014" (This code is case-sensitive)

There are some significant changes this year related to the race:

  • The location is being Moved from Downtown Cincinnati to Coney Island Park
  • Absolutely no one will be admitted onto the Race course without a Race bib
  • Registered runners/walkers with Race bibs will be allowed to ride Coney Island attractions free of charge.
  • Only registered runners/walkers will be allowed into the Race vendor area. 
  • The Celebration of Hope moves to Friday night (Sept. 12) as part of Pray for the Cure 

RACE SCHEDULE

7 a.m. - Expo Opens; Race Day Registration; packet pickup; Entertainment begins

8:45 a.m. - Timed 5k Run Start

9 a.m. - 5k Walk Start

9:20 a.m. - Family Walk Start

10 a.m. - 1 p.m. - Coney Island rides operate

Related content:

Changes made to 2014 Race for the Cure

Copyright 2014 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow