School building catches on fire during fire drill - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

School building catches on fire during fire drill

Posted: Updated:
Photo via Cincinnati Fire Facebook Photo via Cincinnati Fire Facebook
CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) -

A building that houses a bible school caught on fire DURING a fire drill Tuesday.

According to officials, fire crews were at God's Bible School and College at 1810 Young St. around 7:30 p.m. for a routine fire drill. As they were getting ready to leave, a member noticed black smoke coming from the roof area.

Crews investigated and found black smoke throughout the third floor. More firefighters were dispatched to the scene as a result.

Officials say the fire was under control within 15 minutes. The fire was electrical and was caused by a bathroom exhaust fan.

Crews stayed on scene for about an hour and 45 minutes to get the remaining smoke out of the building.

Copyright 2014 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow