(FOX19) - Police are searching for suspects they believe are connected to two separate robberies near the University of Cincinnati campus.
The first incident happened around 4:30 p.m. Sunday on Senator Place. Officials say the victim stated that three men assaulted him before taking personal property.
Cincinnati Police have released a photo of the suspects that was taken by the victim after he was robbed.
The second crime took place about six hours later in the 2900 block of Deckebach Street where two armed men robbed another victim at gunpoint, according to authorities. Both suspects reportedly left the scene in a silver Honda.
Authorities say they are looking in to if the robberies are related. They ask anyone with information about these robberies to call Crime Stoppers at 513-352-3040.
"While the overall crime rate on and around the campus is down for the past several years, these incidents are a reminder that no area is crime free," states a released from University of Cincinnati police.
Patrols have increased in the neighborhoods surrounding Uptown campus, and officials have provided the following steps to avoid being the victim of a robbery:
• Whenever possible, use the UC Shuttle or UC NightRide (556-RIDE) services.
• When walking, avoid less traveled streets, avoid walking alone.
• Be aware of your surroundings, don't use headphones or earbuds, and avoid texting.
• Be cautious about displaying personal electronics or other valuables.
• Criminals prefer impaired victims, don't drink to excess.
• If you are the victim of a crime, call 911 immediately. Every minute that passes decreases the chances of capturing the suspect(s).