Beavercreek Wal-Mart shooting protested in Cincinnati - Cincinnati News, Weather, Sports from FOX19 NOW-WXIX

Beavercreek Wal-Mart shooting protested in Cincinnati

People chanted "No justice, no peace," Monday outside the Hamilton County Court. (FOX19) People chanted "No justice, no peace," Monday outside the Hamilton County Court. (FOX19)
CINCINNATI (FOX19) -

The family of the man shot and killed by police in a Beavercreek Wal-Mart stood with protesters Monday on the Hamilton County Courthouse steps and asked for justice to be served.

Last week a special grand jury in Greene County voted to not indict Sergeant David Darkow and Officer Sean Williams for the Aug. 5 shooting of John Crawford III.

[Related: No indictment for officers in Wal-Mart shooting]

The Wal-Mart surveillance video from the night Crawford was shot was released to the public after the special grand jury made their vote. After seeing the video for themselves, protestors believe even more strongly Crawford did nothing wrong.

"We demand fair and equal treatment," said Bishop Bobby Hilton.

Protestors want to see charges filed on the two officers and also the man who called 911 and told dispatch that Crawford had a gun pulled out, pointing it at people. The gun turned out to be an air rifle taken from the shelf.

"The 911 caller lied, flat out," said Nicole Taylor.

According to records from Miamiburg Municipal Court, Ronald Ritchie, the 9-1-1 caller, was fined $250 and given a year's probation after being convicted by the court of possession of drug paraphernalia.

"A lot of people are at fault with this, but guess what it will not bring this young man back," said Pamela Franklin, who was at the rally.

The Justice Department's civil rights division and the FBI will carry out a "thorough and independent review of the evidence" relating to the shooting death.

Copyright 2014 WXIX. All rights reserved.

  • FOX19 HeadlinesMore>>

  • No clear plan yet on how to reunite parents with children

    No clear plan yet on how to reunite parents with children

    Wednesday, June 20 2018 2:31 AM EDT2018-06-20 06:31:19 GMT
    Wednesday, June 20 2018 11:15 AM EDT2018-06-20 15:15:21 GMT
    (AP Photo/Eric Gay). A boy stares out of a heavily tinted bus window leaving a U.S. Customs and Border Protection facility, Tuesday, June 19, 2018, in McAllen, Texas. More than 2,300 minors have been separated from their families crossing the border to...(AP Photo/Eric Gay). A boy stares out of a heavily tinted bus window leaving a U.S. Customs and Border Protection facility, Tuesday, June 19, 2018, in McAllen, Texas. More than 2,300 minors have been separated from their families crossing the border to...
    Trump administration officials have no clear plan on how to reunite some of the 2,300 minors separated from their families at the border as a result of a zero-tolerance policy of criminally prosecuting anyone...Full Story >
    Trump administration officials have no clear plan on how to reunite some of the 2,300 minors separated from their families at the border as a result of a zero-tolerance policy of criminally prosecuting anyone caught entering the U.S. illegally.Full Story >
  • APNewsBreak: Youngest migrants held in 'tender age' shelters

    APNewsBreak: Youngest migrants held in 'tender age' shelters

    Tuesday, June 19 2018 9:12 PM EDT2018-06-20 01:12:25 GMT
    Wednesday, June 20 2018 11:13 AM EDT2018-06-20 15:13:17 GMT
    Nicole Hernandez, of the Mexican state of Guerrero, holds on to her mother as they wait with other families to request political asylum in the United States, across the border in Tijuana, Mexico, on Wednesday, June 13, 2018. (AP Photo/Gregory Bull)Nicole Hernandez, of the Mexican state of Guerrero, holds on to her mother as they wait with other families to request political asylum in the United States, across the border in Tijuana, Mexico, on Wednesday, June 13, 2018. (AP Photo/Gregory Bull)

    Migrant babies and young children are being held in special "tender age" shelters after being taken from their parents at the US-Mexico border.

    Full Story >

    Migrant babies and young children are being held in special "tender age" shelters after being taken from their parents at the US-Mexico border.

    Full Story >
  • Lewandowski on girl with Down syndrome: 'Wah wah'

    Lewandowski on girl with Down syndrome: 'Wah wah'

    Tuesday, June 19 2018 11:35 PM EDT2018-06-20 03:35:12 GMT
    Wednesday, June 20 2018 11:05 AM EDT2018-06-20 15:05:35 GMT
    Corey Lewandowski, a former campaign manager for President Donald Trump, created a stir by dismissing a story about a girl with Down syndrome. (AP Photo/Mark Lennihan)Corey Lewandowski, a former campaign manager for President Donald Trump, created a stir by dismissing a story about a girl with Down syndrome. (AP Photo/Mark Lennihan)

    A former campaign manager for Donald Trump has created a stir by dismissing a story about a girl with Down syndrome with a sarcastic "Wah wah."

    Full Story >

    A former campaign manager for Donald Trump has created a stir by dismissing a story about a girl with Down syndrome with a sarcastic "Wah wah."

    Full Story >
Powered by Frankly