Cats die in house fire

Cats die in house fire

GRANT COUNTY, KY (FOX19) - Fire destroyed a Grant County home and killed two cats early Tuesday.

Flames broke out at 3:52 a.m. in the 12000 block of KY 36 in Jonesville, according to Grant County emergency communication reports.

The fire began in the attic and consumed most of the home when crews responded. Flames were so intense, the fire rekindled at least once after crews thought it was extinguished.

A homeowner safely escaped, but two cats died.

The fire started in the chimney or fireplace.

A damage estimate was not available.

Copyright 2014 WXIX. All rights reserved.