Williamsburg Township (FOX19) - Authorities have identified the woman who died an early morning Clermont County fire.
Sharon McCagg died shortly after she was taken to a Mt. Orab hospital in extreme critical condition, said Brown County Coroner Dr. Judith Varnau.
She was smoking while on oxygen to help her breathe, sparking a fire inside her apartment in the 100 block of Concord Square just after 1 a.m., according to Williamsburg Fire Chief Ken Wylie.
Her age was not available.
Friends say she is a retired nurse who suffered from emphysema.
"It's just so sad, she was a very sweet lady," said one of her neighbors, Clyde Sharp. "I'd check in on her from time to time."
Friends also think her dog died in the fire.
A damage estimate has not been released.