HAMILTON, OH (FOX19) - A Hamilton log cabin is destroyed after it caught fire Sunday morning.
The fire broke out in the 3600 block of Millville Shandon Road.
Fire officials said the owners had a party in the cabin Saturday night and they believe the fire either started from a fireplace that was left on or a fire in the pit outside that was not fully put out.
The owners said that when they left their house this morning, everything was fine. Neighbors reported the fire around 10:20 a.m.
The owners did not live in the cabin but it was located on their property and was used for recreational purposes.
Since there was no fire hydrant within three miles, emergency responders had to bring in tanks to supply water.
According to officials, the cabin has been standing since the 1820s. It is considered to be a total loss.
Copyright 2014 WXIX. All rights reserved.