(FOX19) - Parrano Buffalo Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 box (16 oz.) macaroni pasta
- 1 rotisserie chicken, white meat only shredded
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 2 T. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. whole milk
- 3 c. (12 oz.) Parrano cheese, shredded
- 1 c. Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1 c. blue cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Boil macaroni and cook according to package directions to al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a large skillet over medium to medium high heat. Whisk in flour and cook, whisking or swirling pan constantly for about 3 -4 minutes, or until flour and butter mixture are nice and brown.
- Warm your milk in the microwave for a minute or two.
- Whisk in the warmed milk to the butter and flour roux. Bring the milk mixture to a simmer, whisking constantly, until it thickens.
- Take the milk mixture off the heat and whisk in the shredded Parrano cheese until the cheese is melted.
- Drain the pasta and stir in the cheese sauce. Then stir in the white meat, shredded chicken and the hot sauce.
- Pour macaroni and cheese into a greased casserole dish and top with the crumbled blue cheese. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until nice and bubbly.
- Serve with crumbled bacon, chopped green onions and extra hot sauce, if desired.