A man was arrested overnight after Covington police and fire officials say he fell asleep intoxicated and smoking in bed, sparking a house fire.
No one was hurt when flames broke out about 1:20 a.m. Monday in a second floor bedroom at the residence in the 1300 block of Maryland Avenue.
Two men inside the home, including the one accused of starting the blaze, safely escaped, police said.
A damage estimate was not released.
The suspect's name was not released.
Fire crews cleared the scene by 2:20 a.m.
Copyright 2014 WXIX. All rights reserved.
After 12 deep bongs at noon Monday, the bell will begin its longest period of silence since it first sounded in 1859.
American, Singaporean and Malaysian armed forces are searching for 10 U.S. sailors missing after an early-morning collision between a Navy destroyer and a tanker.
Signs point in the direction of Trump continuing the U.S. commitment in Afghanistan.