COVINGTON, KENTUCKY (FOX19) - A man was arrested overnight after Covington police and fire officials say he fell asleep intoxicated and smoking in bed, sparking a house fire.
No one was hurt when flames broke out about 1:20 a.m. Monday in a second floor bedroom at the residence in the 1300 block of Maryland Avenue.
Two men inside the home, including the one accused of starting the blaze, safely escaped, police said.
A damage estimate was not released.
The suspect's name was not released.
Fire crews cleared the scene by 2:20 a.m.