Wood burning stove to blame in Florence house fire - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Wood burning stove to blame in Florence house fire

A wood-burning stove sparked a Florence house fire early Friday (FOZ19 NOW/Adam Schrand) A wood-burning stove sparked a Florence house fire early Friday (FOZ19 NOW/Adam Schrand)
FLORENCE, KY (FOX19) -

 A wood burning stove appears to be to blame for an overnight fire that heavily damaged a home, Florence fire officials said.

Three people safely escaped when flames broke out just after 1:30 a.m. in the 10000 block of Crescent Drive, not far from the Kroger on Mount Zion Road.

Fire officials say the family tried to start a fire in a wood burning stove, but it spread to the back deck.

The American Red Cross has been called in to help.

A damage estimate was not available.

Copyright 2014 WXIX. All rights reserved.


Powered by Frankly