Fire breaks out in Newport motel room - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Fire breaks out in Newport motel room

Fire fighers inspect building after they put the fire out. (FOX19) Fire fighers inspect building after they put the fire out. (FOX19)
NEWPORT, KY (FOX19) -

Fire crews responded to a Newport motel Saturday night for a report of a fire.

According to officials, the fire broke out in a motel room at the Travel Lodge in the 200 block of York Street around 9 p.m.

No injuries were reported.

Some witnesses said the fire was started by a person smoking in one of the rooms but authorities have not yet confirmed that.

Copyright 2014 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly