Space heater starts St. Bernard house fire - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Space heater starts St. Bernard house fire

Fire in the 100 black of Martin Street in St. Bernard (PHOTO: FOX19/ Ben Katko) Fire in the 100 black of Martin Street in St. Bernard (PHOTO: FOX19/ Ben Katko)
ST. BERNARD, OH (FOX19) -

A space heater that tipped over started a house fire late Tuesday, fire officials said.

A police officer called in the fire just before 8 p.m. in the 100 block of Martin Street.

A distress call was issued while firefighters were at the scene. A firefighter sent the 'may-day' call when he became disoriented battling the fire, but no one was hurt.

The family was in the house when flames broke out. They safely evacuated.

St. Bernard Fire Chief Kerry Meyer said the house will not be a total loss, but a lot of damage did occur inside.

A damage estimate was not released.

Fire crews from Evendale, Wyoming and Springfield and Green Townships also responded.

Copyright 2015 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly