Officials: Space heater caused Colerain Township house fire - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Officials: Space heater caused Colerain Township house fire

Crews on scene said the fire started from a space heater in a bedroom (Photo: FOX19 NOW/Adam Schrand) Crews on scene said the fire started from a space heater in a bedroom (Photo: FOX19 NOW/Adam Schrand)
COLERAIN TOWNSHIP, OH (FOX19) -

Colerain Firefighters believe a space heater is to blame for a house fire Friday morning.

The fire happened in the 2700 block of Houston Road in Colerain Township at around 6:45 a.m.

Crews on scene said the fire started from a space heater in a bedroom.

Officials say no one was injured.

The fire caused $15,000 worth of damage.

Colerain Township Department of Fire reminds all citizens to exercise caution when using a space heater, fireplace, or wood stove for extra heat this winter.

Officials also want to remind citizens to check all smoke alarms to make sure they are working properly.

Copyright 2015 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly