Avondale apartment fire displaces adult and child - Cincinnati News, Weather, Sports from FOX19 NOW-WXIX

Avondale apartment fire displaces adult and child


A woman and child have been displaced after a two-alarm apartment fire in Avondale Saturday night.

Crews were dispatched to Dana Ave. near Clinton Springs Ave. around 9:50 p.m.

Officials said clothing accidentally placed on the top of a lit candle was the cause of the blaze. When the resident returned to the bedroom, the room was engulfed in flames.

Firefighters were on the scene for about one hour and 45 minutes. Residents of the three-story apartment were able to escape without injury.

Crews estimate the damage to be $20,000.

The American Red Cross is assisting the displaced individuals.

Copyright 2015 WXIX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly