3rd child dies after carbon monoxide leak in Ohio home - Cincinnati News, Weather, Sports from FOX19 NOW-WXIX

3rd child dies after carbon monoxide leak in Ohio home

(raycom) (raycom)

TROY, Ohio (AP) - A third child has died after being found in an Ohio home where there were high levels of carbon monoxide.

The Dayton Daily News says 13-year-old Jakia Jones died Sunday.

Her cousins 14-year-old Dionanna Bishop and 13-year-old Dejah Bishop died Friday after a relative found them unconscious inside a home in Troy. Her 8-year-old brother, Jahari Ward, is in critical condition.

Police say a furnace caused the leak of carbon monoxide, an odorless and colorless gas created when some fuels are burned. The relative reported to police the children had been sick for days. The children lived with their grandmother, who was hospitalized with pneumonia Friday.

An attorney for a couple who own the home says they weren't aware of furnace problems and didn't know children lived there.

Information from: Dayton Daily News, http://www.daytondailynews.com

Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly