In a Home
* Take shelter in a bathroom or closer near the middle of the lowest floor. Cover your head with a coat or blanket.
In an Apartment
* Go to an interior closet or laundry room on the lowest floor and cover your head. Do not use elevators
In a Mobile Home
* Evacuate! Head for a tornado shelter immediately. If caught outside, lie flat in a ditch and cover your head
* Follow your tornado drill. You may take shelter in a hallway, away from windows, and cover your head. Avoid large rooms, like the gymnasium.
* Follow your office disaster plan. Go to the lowest floor, take shelter in a small interior room and cover your head. Do not use elevators.
In a Car
* Never try to outrun a tornado! Leave your vehicle, lie flat in a ditch, and cover your head. Never seek shelter under an overpass.